Freshwater Gobies

https://www.facebook.com/groups/176722735782194/

Group of sharing on the world of gobies
Freshwater Gobies

Forum for aquarists of the world who want to share their knowledge on the freshwater gobies.

Hello from Iowa, USA

Mr Riffles

Hello from Iowa, USA

Post  Mr Riffles on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:13 pm

I'd like to thank Laurent for accepting me and to intorduce myself to this group. My name is Ken Glackin and I have been keeping fish nearly all of my life. I bred and raised many livebearers in my early years then around 1980 I started breeding egglayers, annobantoides to be exact. I have since bred and raised numerous varieties of cichlids, rainbowfish, gobies/gudgeons, Seahorses, etc. I have most recently been working with North American Darters (Etheostoma sp. and Percina Sp.)
    Not quite a month ago I was given a group of Mogurnda Cingulata and a trio of Tateurndina ocellicauda from a person who was moving back from the states to Austrailia. Since then I have been fortunate enough to breed the M. Cingulata and am in the process of raising @ 60 fry.
    At present my fishroom uses a central filtration system. The filter, an algae scrubber that I built employs a dump bucket and has a surface area for algae growth of 122 cm X 46 cm. My pump moves 22712.47 lph. (I hope that is the correct conversion for 6000 gph)
    In 1986 I received my Master Breeders award from The Federation of American Aquarium Societies, and was president of The Eastern Iowa Aquarium Society for two years, a representative of Marine Aquarium Societies (M.A.A.S.)1995-97 and am presntly a member of North American Native Fish Association (NANFA).
    My other interests that have expanded from fishkeeping are raising live foods and aquatic plants, conservation and environmental issues around the globe.
    I hope to get the opportunity to share information with each of you at some point in the near future.
    tyrano34
    Admin

Re: Hello from Iowa, USA

Post  tyrano34 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 am

Welcome to the forum, I present myself laurent and I live in the south of France.

I am the webmaster of the french forum "aqualifestyle-France", so you will forgive me for my sins.

Here now 5 years that I am sharing my passion on many forums aquaristic in the world.

And I noticed one thing that we all a defect, this is the lack of communication.

That's why I created this forum to advance the care gobies because our fish suffer and will disappear in their habitat if we do nothing.

you are a responsible aquarist mostly because you love animals.

Welcome my friend on the forum, I need your help on the Etheostoma.

Bye tyty

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:05 pm